Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Getting Started on 2.0

I'm a little creaky - this is a late start for the Web 2.0 challenge, but I think I'm ready to get going.

I think I'll kill two birds with one blog, and use this as a way to log what I've read as well - something I wish I'd done back in the days I actually read a lot. Now I'm reading fewer books, but I have more trouble remembering them! Using the fancy-schmancy machine here as a book log will satisfy my Luddite tendencies.

I am excited to have received an advanced copy of E.L. Konigburg's newest, The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World. I'm just getting started on it, but I have high hopes; her last two were wonderful.

I'm also reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, and a recent chapter actually made my inner Martha Stewart consider making cheese. Because a person who can barely throw together three of the four food groups for dinner needs to be making cheese.

No comments: